Active techniques for recruiting great people
Jack Groetzinger, founder of the largest online ticket seller SeatGeek, covers where you should look and activities you should run when you're looking to hire great people for your startup.
Recommended For You
1. Use your personal network to find people through recommendations.
2. Make a list of 5 characteristics you want and use LinkedIn to find 20 people that match these – construct a draft email to send to these people to get them interested in your startup.
3. Use Stackoverflow to find developers and ways to reach out to them – construct a draft email to send to these people to get them interested in your startup
4. Think of three potential hiring challenges to both benefit your startup and to find great talent.
5. Build a list of meetups in your area that should attract the kinds of people you want to employ.
6. Think of a hackathon that you could host that would produce products that align with your startup’s mission.