Filter questions for interviewing technical hires
Jack Groetzinger, founder of the largest online ticket seller SeatGeek, explains the differences in interviewing potential technical hires and some quick filter questions that can often give you a good idea of an individual's competence.
1. Do they have work on Github?
2. Do they have a personal webpage?
3. Are they aware of any startup accelerators?
4. Do they read HackerNews?
5. Do they use OS X or Linux?
6. Are they familiar with developing for the front and back end of a website, and all that is involved with this?
7. Do they use Ruby or Python to code?
8. Do they have any personal projects?
If they answer no to any of these questions is may raise a red flag about them.