How do you hire great people as an inexperienced founder?
Ben Silbermann, founder at visual social media site Pinterest, and John and Patrick Collison, cofounders at online payments provider Stripe, cover the steps you should take before hand to get an understanding of what it means to be world class, as well as what you should do to protect against making a bad hiring decision.
1. What do you consider world class?
2. Where would these world class people be working?
3. What would you consider to be good and bad from an applicant?
4. Why do you think the job offered is an amazing opportunity for them?
5. Figure out a project for them to do that will be enough for you to figure out if they are a good fit.