What makes investors decide to fund certain startup founders?
Ron Conway, founder at venture capital firm SV Angel, and Marc Andreessen, founder of early browser company Netscape and venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, cover the questions they ask themselves before deciding to invest in a founder.
1. You're a leader obsessed with the product.
2. Know what inspired you to invest this product based on a personal problem.
3. Make sure you communicate well.
4. Make sure you demonstrate extreme strength in certain areas.
5. Describe what the product does in one sentence – make sure you check this with other people.
6. Be decisive.
7. Make sure you've built a great team and demonstrate that they're perfect for fully realising the product.